What is Chromecast?
Chromecast is a media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Simply use your mobile device and the TV you already own to cast your favourite TV shows, films, music, sport, games and more. Chromecast works with iPhone®, iPad®, Android phones and tablets, Mac® and Windows® laptops and Chromebooks.*
An easy way to get video, music and games to your TV
Your phone is a simple, powerful remote. Open the mobile apps that you already know and love to quickly access things like your TV shows, your playlists, your queues. No new logins or downloads required.
Simply tap the Cast button to see your favourite content on the big screen.
By using your phone, it’s easy to browse, queue and control the TV from anywhere in the home. And you can still keep using your phone for other things without disrupting what’s playing or draining your battery.
Unlimited entertainment, all on your schedule With Chromecast, you’re in command. Choose from over 200,000 TV shows & films, 30 million songs, plus radio, sport, games and more. Discover a range of free, subscription or paid content from hundreds of apps.
FIND OUT HOW TO CAST TO YOUR TV
Get started in 3 easy steps
CONNECT TO WI-FI
Cast from your phone
Enjoy your favourite apps and entertainment on the big screen.
- Open a Cast-enabled app, like Google Play Movies, on your phone.
- Find a video to play.
- Tap the Cast button and select your Chromecast.
- Play, pause and adjust the volume, right from your phone
Cast websites from your laptop
Enjoy photos, videos, music and anything else from your favourite websites on the big screen.
- Open the Chrome browser on your laptop.
- Visit any website in Chrome.
- Click the Cast button in the Chrome browser and select your Chromecast.
Mirror your Android phone or tablet screen to the TV
See exactly what’s on your Android device by casting your screen to the TV.
- From your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Home app.
- Tap the left hand navigation to open the menu.
- Tap Cast screen / audio and select your Chromecast device.
Customise your TV screen
When you’re not casting, turn your TV screen into a beautiful backdrop filled with images.
- From your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app.
- On the Devices tab, tap the gear icon.
- From the device settings, tap Backdrop to turn it on.
- Select the topics you’d like to see on your TV.
Using guest mode
Guest mode makes it even easier for your friends to cast to your TV, after initial setup, using their phones without first having to connect to your Wi-Fi.
- Open a Cast-enabled app from a phone or tablet, without connecting to your Wi-Fi.
- The Cast button will automatically appear, even though you’re not connected to the Wi-Fi. Tap the Cast button and select “Nearby device”.
- Follow the prompts to connect automatically.
- If the phone can’t automatically connect, you can enter the 4-digit PIN displayed on the TV screen or on the “Device” tab of the owner’s Google Home app.